My progress

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 9: First Milestone Met

Start Weight: 156
Weigh in: 145.8
Loss 1 day: 1.2
Total Loss: 10.2 lbs

Feeling A.M.: I'm 10 lbs lighter and most importantly I feel great.  I feel accomplished and healthier then I did 9 days ago.  I can't believe that I have made it this far with such a strict diet.

Feeling P.M.: Felt fine all day.  Wasn't hungry until about 8p though and then I realized that I should probably make something to eat.  I'm going to try some new products tonight and I'll tell you about them below.

Journal Log:

My friend Danyale told me about these "Miracle Noodles", actual name Shirataki, that were safe to eat on the diet.  I read about them on the internet and they have 0 everything almost.  She did warn me that when she did eat them she would not lose any weight usually the next day but she wouldn't gain either. I went to the asian food store and looked for them but the specific brand that Danyale suggested they didn't carry so I bought these instead.
These are not the product mentioned above.  It's what I settled for.  5 cal/serv and 1g of carbs

These were amazing, but they did have 5 calories per serving and 1 gram of carbs in them.  I know that's cheating but I wanted to see what would happen if I ate them after losing 10 lbs.  I made a sweet chili pepper sauce and mixed in the noodles with 100 grams of chicken.  It was really delicious and reminded me of something I would get at a Thai restaurant.  I was left feeling full and satisfied.  So much so that I also didn't eat my fruit later.   
The Results: I woke up feeling really hungry.  Something that I haven't really felt in the last 7 days.  I also didn't lose any weight and I felt a hollowness in my stomach.  Another thing is that I was bloated and gassy in the morning.  I think that if you don't mind not losing weight for one day and/or you are at a point in the diet where you feel like if you don't have something different you might cheat, that this is a good option.  Also, I set myself up to know that I might not lose and I was fine with it.  I told myself that having these were a reward for breaking a milestone and it seemed to help when I weighed myself the following morning. I wouldn't make it a part of my daily consumption.  Also I would try harder to find the actual product that Danyale mentioned next time.
This is what I really wanted.  It comes in angel hair, spaghetti, fettucinni.  Perhaps your local grocery store will special order them for you.  Doesn't hurt to ask.

LUNCH: "Hamburger" with Kale Chips
If you want something crunchy, bake some kale at 350 for 10-12 mins and season to your liking

DINNER: Sweet Chili Pepper Chicken with Shirataki noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment